Strawberry crumble muffins with delicious cheesecake filling are a perfect way to brighten up a special brunch or a cozy, quiet afternoon coffee. No special occasion required, well, at least not for me.
You have to try these mouth-watering
Strawberry Crumble Muffins.
Anything with a brown sugary, crispy topping, I want all crumble and a touch of whatever else may be involved.
Crumble makes the best part of the muffin even better!
You will love how simple they whip up and with all the flavor you want in a muffin.
In the title, it may say Strawberry Crumble Muffins, but it should say Any Berry Crumble Muffins. You don’t have to use strawberries, any berries or a berry mix will do just as fine.
You are going to make three components for this recipe. First, the muffin batter using fresh or frozen strawberries, then the cheesecake center, and last the crumble.
Ingredients for the Strawberry Crumble Muffins:
For the Muffin Batter:
• 100g butter, softened
• 100g sugar
• 2 eggs
• 200g flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 120ml milk
• 250g diced fresh or frozen strawberries
For the Cheesecake Filling:
• 250g cream cheese, softened
• 40g sugar
• 1 egg yolk
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Crumble Topping:
• 50g butter, melted
• 50g brown sugar
• 1tsp. cinnamon
• 50g flour
• Preheat oven to 175°C. Line muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
• For the Muffin Batter: Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and whisk well. Set aside. In your mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly mix in the eggs. Add into the dry ingredients, add milk, mixing just until combined. Use a wooden spoon or a silicone spatula to fold in the strawberries.
• To prepare the cheesecake filling: In your mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.
• Spoon the muffin batter into the bottom of a cupcake pan, lined with cupcake liners, next top with cheesecake layer, spreading it over the top, then topping with additional muffin batter.
• Now it’s time for the crumble: Sprinkle the crumble on top, gently pressing them down into the batter so it won’t fall off the sides as the muffins are rising. A lot of perfectly tasty crumble is wasted that way!
• Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow cool down slightly before cooling completely on a wire rack.
Now relish the strawberry crumble muffins!
Inspired by lemonsandzest
Also, try the Delicious Mini Apple Cinnamon Cheesecakes Recipe